Dr. Lam (she/hers) holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, a Master of Research in Psychology, and Post-grad Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. She is a British Psychological Society (BPS) Chartered Psychologist and Registered Expert Witness with over 20 years of clinical experience (11 years post-doctorate) in the National Health Service along with over seven years’ experience in the Cayman Islands providing specialist mental health and trauma services to our community. Dr. Lam is accredited by the British Association of Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP), she has also been awarded with a Certificate in Complex Trauma and Dissociation by The International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation (ISSTD) and holds a Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Supervision. The Neurosequential Network acknowledges that Dr Lam has completed NMT Training Certification through the Phase II level.
Dr. Lam is a trauma specialist with advanced training and extensive experience working with looked-after children (children in the care system and/or juvenile justice system) and complex mental health difficulties such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and dissociative identity disorders (DID). She works extensively with children, adolescents and families and has a special interest in childhood complex trauma, attachment disorder, and anxiety-related disorders. She is experienced in specialist neuropsychological assessment, trauma informed mental health assessment, and various psychological assessment, Her extensive experience in care coordination allows her to work effective with the system around the family and child to achieve result that is in the best interest of the child.
Dr Lam is trained to deliver a range of evidence-based treatments including:
· Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT);
- Theraplay & Marschak Interaction Method Level 1 and 2 training, The Theraplay Institute
· Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), accredited therapist and trained supervisor
· Dyadic Developmental Practice, level one;
· Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy, Level 1 and 2, EMDRIA;
· Complex Trauma and Dissociative focused therapy; ISSTD
- Management of trauma and stress psychotherapy- SPARCS
- Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics™, Phase 2/ train-the-trainer;
· Nurturing attachments psychotherapy, train the trainer, and
· Parenting programmes: The Webster-Stratton Incredible Years.
Dr Lam was one of the national lead clinicians working with the Department of Health to reform the children and adolescent mental health service and improve evidence-based practice in the NHS. She is experienced in reforming services and has a track record of service improvement.
In addition to her clinical work, Dr. Lam is involved in many community and charity initiatives and has led and participated in many community workshops, outreach projects, and the collection of national children mental health data. One of her current focus areas involves working with community leaders to improve access for children to mental health service